Thursday, February 21, 2019

The folly of William Floyd Weld

If William Floyd Weld wins his primary challenge against President Trump, it will be the greatest political miracle since Jesus Christ intervened to advise Emperor Constantine before the Battle of Milvian Bridge.

Weld has no fan base, no name recognition, no political machine. His brand of let-them-eat-cake libertarianism has zero traction in either major party. His complaint to CNN that ‘the President does not exhibit curiosity about history’ probably won’t resonate with the party’s base, given how quickly they took to demanding Trump imprison his opponent once he was elected. 89 percent of Republicans approve of the President’s job performance, and the remaining 11 percent might be weary of voting for another Massachusetts governor.

[Read more at The Spectator USA]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.